October 9, 2026

세금 내는 것이 두렵지 않다는 억만장자 A billionaire who isn’t afraid of paying taxes.

 


부럽네.^^; 나도 그럴 형편이 되었으면 좋겠다.

​

하지만 아쉽게도 난 억만장자 팔자는 아닌 것 같고, 그렇다고 머리가 좋거나, 손재주가 뛰어난 것 같지도 않은, 그저 지극히 평범하지만 조금 어리숙한 부류에 속하는 사람이라 그런지 백만장자는 고사하고 당장 먹고사는 일부터 걱정해야 하는 형편이다.

​

그렇다고 오늘 당장 먹을 것이 없을 지경인 형편은 아니라서... 그저 무탈함을 감사하게 여기며 하루하루를, 일상을 살아갈 뿐이다.

​

젊었을 때는 흔히 말하는 돈 많이 벌거나, 성공한 인생이나 삶을 추구 혹은 집착하기도 하지만... 소위 인생과 삶을 좀 살아본 나이 먹은 부자(?)들 중 간혹 '대인배'가 존재하기도 하는데... 그게 말처럼 쉽지가 않을 것 같다. 진정한 부자, 존경할 만한 부자는 흔치 않다.

​

대부분의 부자들이 오직 자신들의 순수한 노력만으로 부자가 되었다고 생각하겠지만... 사실 따지고 보면 그런 환경, 여건이 있었기 때문에 가능했을지 모른다. 그 말은 즉, 모든 사람은 알게 모르게 사회 직간접적으로 온갖 종류의 도움을, 혜택을, 특권을 받으며 살아간다는 것이다.

​

근데 솔직히... 나도 어떤 경우에... 세금내는 것이 간혹 좀 너무하다 싶을 때가 있는데... 그건 아마도 내가 충분히 그럴 형편이 안 되기 때문일지도 모르겠다.^^;;;

​

​

오늘의 한마디:

내가 지금 그럴 형편이 된다는 것이 감사할 따름이다.

[ENGLISH]

I can’t help but feel a little envious. ^^; I wish I were in a position like that too.

But the truth is, I’m not cut out for a billionaire’s life. I don’t have a particularly sharp mind or exceptional skills—just an ordinary person, maybe even a bit clumsy. So instead of dreaming about millions, I have to focus on the basics: making ends meet day by day.

That said, I’m not in such dire straits that I have nothing to eat today. I simply try to be grateful for the fact that life is steady, and I live each day as it comes.

When we’re young, we often chase after wealth or what people call a “successful life.” But among those who’ve lived long enough and accumulated wealth, there are a few rare individuals who truly embody generosity and greatness. Becoming that kind of person is far easier said than done. Genuine wealth—worthy of respect—is rare.

Most wealthy people probably believe they achieved everything purely through their own effort. But in reality, it was likely possible because of the circumstances and opportunities they had. In other words, everyone, knowingly or not, benefits from countless forms of social support, privileges, and advantages.

And honestly… there are times when I feel paying taxes is a bit too much. But maybe that’s because I’m not really in a position where it feels easy to do so. ^^;;;

Today’s thought: I’m simply grateful for the fact that I’m able to live as I do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment