October 9, 2026

그 시절 귀향하던 사람들./ These images of people returning home in those days remind me of that truth.

 




 







이런 영상/사진을 보면 어릴 땐 (혹은 뭘 모를 때, 아남 뭘 안 다고 착각하던 땐) 그냥 ’그런가 보다‘ 했고, 더 어렸을 때는 별 관심도 없었는데… 나도 나이를 먹어 그런가... 아니면 먹고 살아야 하고, 먹여 살려하는 책임(?)을 알게 된 까닭인지는 모르겠으나… 요즘은 위와 같은 짤을 보며뉴자꾸 코 끝이 시큰해지는 나를 발견하게 된다.

​

그 시절을 살아온 모든 분들께... 너무 수고하셨고, 고생 많으셨음을 이제와서 알게 되는 듯하다.

​

시대와 세대와 상관없이 인간은... 언제나 지나고 나서야 뒤늦게 알게 되는 어리석음을 무한히 반복하는 존재인 것 같다. 그리고 인간의 삶과 인생은 모두 제각각이고, 매우 난해하며, 어설픈 말 몇 마디로 단정거나 규정할 수 없으며, 우성과 열성, 잘남과 못남의 구분하고 따지는 것이 얼마나 하찮은 오만이자 자만인지를 상기하게 된다.


[ENGLISH]

When I used to see photos or videos like these as a child—or back when I didn’t really understand, or thought I did—I would just shrug and move on. When I was even younger, I didn’t care at all. But now… maybe it’s age, maybe it’s the weight of responsibility—having to make a living, having people to care for—but these days I find myself tearing up when I come across images like this.

To everyone who lived through those times… I feel as though only now I truly recognize how much effort, hardship, and sacrifice you endured.

It seems that, across eras and generations, human beings endlessly repeat the same folly: only realizing things after the fact. And life—each individual life—is unique, complex, and impossible to define or judge with a few clumsy words. To divide people into superior and inferior, strong and weak, is nothing more than shallow arrogance.

No comments:

Post a Comment